CIF Calls for participation in internship program for 2011-2012
Curatio International Foundation launches its internship program for 2011-2012 years and invites interns from around the world who are studying at masters or Ph.D. level and who are interested to have first-hand experience in the real-life setting and to contribute to the research projects implemented by the organization.
Since 2002 CIF has hosted number of students from world’s leading universities such as Johns Hopkins, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, Yale etc.
Timing of the Internships
– Winter interns (December through February) from 2 to 6 weeks
– Summer interns (June through September) from 1 to 4 month
Terms of the Internships
This is non-paid internship although CIF provides following to the interns:
– Office space and access to internet communication and office equipment;
– Access to on-line library with more than 8,000 information resources and in 30 different languages
For interns outside Georgia:
– Internship coordinator, who provides continuous guidance around the research topic and support to an intern during their stay in Georgia and after their departure, during scientific paper preparation;
– Logistical support prior to arrival to Georgia and during their stay, which includes following but not limited to: acceptance letter to facilitate obtaining travel grants from different donors, support for accommodation in Tbilisi-Georgia, guidance for travel, etc.
– Block grant in the amount of 500 USD.
The Benefits to Interns are:
– Ability to apply knowledge and research skills on practice and satisfy project requirements at their school;
– Contribute to and be one of the authors of a scientific paper published in a peer reviewed journal with high impact factor;
– Interact with the professionals continuously involved/contributing to policy making process;
Read the full description of announcement to obtain full information on application process and research topics for 2011-2012 years.