CIF Calls for participation in internship program for 2012-2013
Curatio International Foundation launches its internship program for 2012-2013 years and invites interns from around the world who are studying at masters or Ph.D. level and who are interested to have first-hand experience in the real-life setting and to contribute to the research projects implemented by the organization.
Since 2002 CIF has hosted number of students from world’s leading universities such as Johns Hopkins, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, Yale etc.
Timing of the Internships
– Winter interns (December through February) from 2 to 8 weeks
– Summer interns (June through September) from 1 to 4 month
Terms of the Internships
CIF provides following to the interns:
– Office space and access to internet communication and office equipment;
– Access to on-line library with more than 8,000 information resources and in 30 different languages;
– Internship coordinator, who provides continuous guidance around the research topic and support to an intern during their stay in Georgia and after their departure, during scientific paper preparation;
– Logistical support prior to arrival to Georgia and during their stay, which includes following but not limited to: acceptance letter to facilitate obtaining travel grants from different donors, support for finding accommodation in Tbilisi-Georgia, guidance for travel, etc.
– Block grant in the amount of 500 USD will be provided to an intern arriving for the period of 8 or more weeks. Shorter internships will receive 300 USD as a one-time payment.
The Benefits to Interns are:
– Ability to apply knowledge and research skills on practice and satisfy project requirements at their school;
– Contribute to and be one of the authors of a scientific paper published in a peer reviewed journal with high impact factor;
– Interact with the professionals continuously involved/contributing to policy making process;
– Visit country of Georgia well known for its beautiful nature, history, culture, hospitality, wine and cuisine.
A scientific paper production will be regulated by an International Research Exchange Agreement between CIF and the intern that articulates CIF’s position on the intellectual property.
Interns will be given right to use the data for their dissertation or course paper, per university’s requirement, but the rights will be ONLY transferred for the pre-agreed scientific work which will be elaborated in the International Research Exchange Agreement between CIF and the intern.
Responsibility of Intern
In close collaboration with CIF researchers interns are expected to contribute to and be author of at least one scientific paper, which will be published in international peer-reviewed journal.
Applications are accepted twice during a year
– Deadline for application for winter internship is October 20th
– Deadline for application for summer internship is March 31st
Interested candidates are required to submit following documents via e-mail ([email protected]):
– Motivation letter, indicating which research topics they have selected (see the list of research themes currently in implementation at CIF) and how they can contribute to the research project;
– Detailed Curriculum Vitae
– Support letter from their school indicating applicants capabilities relative to the requirements stated in the research themes section for the selected research topic.
Selected candidates will be notified:
– On or before October 31st for winter internships
– On or before April 15th for summer internship